The Benefits of Exercise and Work: Yoga
The changing work environment increasingly places physical and mental demands and stress on employees and the self-employed. This work-related stress can lead to many issues such as; muscle aches, depression, a drop in work performance, anxiety, reduced productivity, low morale, and accidents.
Searching for ways to deal with the stressful work environment, workers are discovering the enormous benefits of yoga-based wellness programs.
Take Breaks at Work
Taking yoga breaks throughout the workday has proven to be one of the most effective ways of helping office workers relieve stress and become refreshed and more focused. In turn, this will enable better decision making, increased productivity, and help workers have a more positive attitude with colleagues.
The Benefits of Yoga at Work
‘Yoga at Work’ practices can provide numerous benefits:
- improves the immune system and overall health, resulting in decreased absenteeism and sickness levels
- increases productivity, motivation, and work performance
- improves decision making and creativity
- increases energy, mental alertness, and clarity
- improves stamina
- improves morale, job satisfaction, and positive thinking patterns
- improves memory, focus, and concentration
- reduces muscle tension and pain due to sedentary working positions
- improves flexibility and physical strength
- improves breathing
- decreases headaches
- improves confidence
- teaches individual stress management
Areaworks is a provider of open supportive coworking office spaces in accessible areas throughout London. We don’t believe in stuffy central locations, long commutes, impersonal and uptight environments. We believe there’s a better way of working, and we’re here to make it happen: in our areas, with our areas. We believe in opening up communities that inspire progress and open up opportunities. We offer complete turnkey work place solutions for start-ups, creatives, freelancers, and entrepreneurs. We design our desk coworking to feel open, to encourage collaboration and productivity, to inspire you to think differently. Areaworks currently has two coworking spaces in prime London locations. If you are looking for a coworking space in London, which provides you with the environment and opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals, then we have the perfect place for you.